There are different reasons why someone would want to have a cat. Some may be looking forward to all the cuddle time, while others are happy to have a self-reliant cat that spends most of its time outside and doesn’t want a clingy human.
Whatever your reason may be, it is important to find a cat that will interact with you whenever you would like it to. All cats aren't equal, and the way each individual cat behaves with you will be determined by its inherent personality and early experiences (or lack of), which may make it either fearful or confident with people and life generally.
Also extremely significant is the environment your cat will be in. For instance, if it lives with many other cats that they don't get on well, then your cat will be stressed and can react differently than if it had been on its own.
While there is no exact science in choosing the right cat for you and your lifestyle, understanding your expectations as much as what makes cats tick will assist you to bring home a cat that can adjust well with its new environment and be the pet that you dream of.
It is equally important to know what it takes to be a fur parent. So before you get that adorable cat, you might want to consider some essential fur parent responsibilities.
In getting a cat, you will be required to:
- Provide human companionship
- Provide regular, suitable meals with a continuing supply of water.
- Provide a clean and cozy bed.
- Be prepared to empty and clean a litter tray on a day to day basis, if you are unable to provide outside access to your feline.
- Provide your cat with a playful and safe environment.
- Groom it regularly. Long-haired cats require daily grooming.
- Have your kitty neutered between 4 and 6 months old.
- Vaccinate against primary feline diseases regularly.
- Regular deworming administration and treatment for fleas.
- Make a trip to the vet when your cat shows any sign of illness.
- Insure your cat or be confident that you can afford the value of any veterinary treatment it's going to need.
Owning a cat can mean a ton of responsibilities, but it also is a ton of joy to own and love one. Especially when you prepare yourself to become the best fur parent ever!
Share and get 15% off!
Simply share this product on one of the following social networks and you will unlock 15% off!